Kalaimanram hosts an annual performance for enrolled students every year. Student participation is required. Bharatanatyam is a performance art and dancing on stage represents a critical part of the learning process and is a gauge for progress. Preparing for and participating in the annual performance helps students grow in the following areas:
Students must practice regularly to keep up and make progress. Attendance is very essential as classes are once a week and punctuality needs to be observed at all times.
- Appreciating the dynamic of dancing with students from other locations
- Learning from other students and instructors
- Observing the learning process of others, junior or senior to the student
- Forming closer bonds with fellow students
- Becoming more proficient at donning hair/flowers, make-up, costume and jewellery
- Understanding the logistics and technical components of a stage performance